Monday, September 14, 2009

In Which I Watch Baseball



I won two free tickets to a national baseball game in Fukuoka, which is a really big city about 2 hours away from me. Not one to pass up such an opportunity, another ALT and I drove to the city to enjoy the event. Baseball stadiums in Japan are smaller and hold less people. The Fukuoka Yahoo Dome has a roof that covers the entire stadium, but can be retracted as well. It was a rainy day, so naturally the roof was closed. There was a band and loud cheering section which lead the entire stadium in chants. Many aspects of the game were identical to their American counterpart, however the energy in the stadium was amazing! After the game and a delicious Hard Rock Cafe dinner, we came back to the car only to find out we had accumulated 8800 yen in parking fees in 5.5 hours. That's $88! Ooops, I gotta learn how to read these signs!



No comments:

Post a Comment