Friday, May 29, 2009

Nagasaki-ken


I found out where I have been placed! Japan has four main islands. Hokkaido up North, the main island Honshu, then Shikoku and Kyushu in the South. Japan is also composed of prefectures (like states). I have been placed in Nagasaki-ken (prefecture) which is on the Southern-most island Kyushu. It is number 42 in gray on the map... (For reference, Tokyo is number 13).

I still don't know where in Nagasaki-ken I will be, so I have been hired at the prefectural level. This means I will probably be teaching at the high school level. Nagasaki-ken is mostly coastal, and gets unbelievably hot and humid.

Nagasaki was actually my first placement choice, so I am very surprised and pleased I have been placed there! Now I am just anxious to find out where in Nagasaki-ken I will be...

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!! Also, we need to get together soon. Its been too long.

    ReplyDelete